There are all sorts of great debates in the world of bedtime. Hospital corners v. no-tuck, two pillows v. one, and of course, Cotton v. Linen sheets.
For us, these are the debates we can’t get enough of – figuring out what’s best for who and why. Especially because here at SNOWE, we want to make sure you choose the right material for your best bedtime. Percale is the result of a one-over, one-under weave which allows air to pass through freely, and ensures its spot as our most breathable option. Meanwhile, our Linen is soft and breezy - we used an innovative process to blast, tumble, and whip linen with bursts of air to set a new standard of smoothness.
We’ll start with our handy chart, to break down the basics of our bedding:
Into The Details? Us Too. Let’s Go Deep
We’re proud to boast that our customers are bedding aficionados, and have bought and compared our bedding to just about all the competition. What they’ve relayed is that the other guys tend to serve up Percale that leans into its worst qualities and sends out a product that’s scratchy, rough, and weak. Meanwhile, linen gets the reputation for being rough to the touch.
Here’s how ours are different – both from the competition and from each other:
PERCALE: The Crisp, Cool Choice That Gets Softer Over Time
- Soft, crisp, ultra light, and airy to the touch, with a dreamy, matte smoothness. 500 thread count with extra fine, 100% Egyptian cotton threads; it’s woven specifically to hit the perfect balance of breathability and smoothness.
- More likely to wrinkle than other types of cotton sheeting – a byproduct of that luxury hotel crispness. Pulling them on the bed or folding them when they’re slightly damp, post dryer, will clear that right up, though. Same goes for a quick ironing.
- As GQ puts it, our Percale has “that classic ‘luxury hotel’ feel, like you’re sleeping in a pile of Ralph Lauren oxfords.”
LINEN: The Buttery-Soft, Longest-Lasting Choice
- Made in Italy, from premium Belgian Flax, and air-whipped into the softest, more supple version of linen.
- Perfectly worn-in without being worn-out; made to last for years of breezy nights, and get softer over time.
- Elegantly rumpled, perfect for living out your Italian countryside B&B dreams.
- As Real Simple puts it: “If you normally consider linen to be stiff or scratchy, think again. Snowe’s linen collection is so buttery soft and airy, you won’t even believe it’s linen."
There are a million other ways to differentiate between sheet fabric types. But ultimately, it’s all about discovering the weave that works best for your bedtime. Because no matter which one is right for you, our goal is to bring you luxury sheets for the ultimate luxury: deliciously deep sleep, whether it’s for a 30-minute nap or 11-hour indulgence.